Saturday, June 27, 2009

Delorean Update




I promised a little while ago to give another update on my progress and there has been quite a lot of progress since my last post. For the last few weeks I have been in the process of unwrapping, mesh tweeking, zbrushing and texturing and it has been quite an experience. I have never made a car before in 3d and I have learned quite a bit about the do's and donts. Needless to say, I am not going to get into the nitty gritty of it, ill just let you look at the progress. Enjoy! :)






3 comments:

Graphics Janitor said...

Nice interior texturing in progress...the seams on the seats are very convincing, as is the stick shift.

That's a very faithful reproduction of the wheels as well, from what I remember :)

Those doors rock my world.

Are you working with a strictly limited polygon count for this model?

If you can squeeze some more subdivision into key detail areas like the steering wheel it might sell the overall illusion a little better...although that might be a pain since you've already textured it :)

I'm not quite sure what's going on yet with the material used on the exterior of the car (brushed metal?) Maybe just adding a good environment map to the material will do the trick.

Unknown said...

Excellent model! For a long time I searched for good model DeLorean.
Can you please send it on to me Limonmod@tut.by? It is necessary to me only for converting in game( GTA VICE CITY). Not for commercial use. Thanks.

Stevo said...

Hey there,

Thanks for the compliments and your interest. I am sorry, but I usually do not hand out my work. Good luck on your project! I hope you find a model.